Saturday, July 13, 2013

 AN ELIZABETHAN DRESS-FORM PINCUSHION

I started embroidering this before the earthquakes 2 1/2 years ago! Now that winter is here I thought now would be a good time to get it out & finish it. Being a retired dress designer/maker the dress-form shape appealed to me. I designed the embroidered patterns which are worked in hand dyed cotton threads on a fine linen. The technique is Elizabethan which I love.
My next project is stylized fish in on a silk background for my bathroom with hopefully a seahorse to follow.
 How lovely to be this flat - back & front!
 And this small!
Dream on!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. My specialty is Elizabethan embroidery which I have tutored for some years at the Embroiderers Guilds & local craft shops. The dress form shape was just begging for it!

      Delete